A new FormWork instance includes: FormWork Server (Web services, Catalog, Metadata Repository) and Web Portal (Web Client).
For the first installation on the Windows 2003 Server or on later versions, is required:
- 1 quad-core processor 2.0 GHz 64-bit (x64) [2 quad-core processors 2.0 GHz or later recommended]
- 300MB of available disk space [600MB recommended]
- 2 Gb of RAM [8 Gb recommended]
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 (Extended or Redistributable)
- Server web Microsoft IIS (v 6.0 or later)
- ASP.NET v 4.0
- Microsoft Web Deploy (3.5 or later) with option Remote Agent Service
- Service Web Deployment Agent Service (MsDepSvc) must be run during installation
- Port 80 (or other TCP port) of the web server reachable by the console users
- Access to a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database or later with Latin1_General_CI_AS collation (to save the FormWork repository)
The dimensioning in terms of the RAM and CPU requirements as indicated in the previous list does not include the running of DBMS server on the same PC which hosts the FormWork instance.
Supported target databases
FormWork writes form data natively on the SQL Server databases (2000 or later, express included) and Oracle 9i or later.
However, using a linked server it is possible to access to other DBMS.
If you want to use Oracle database as a back-end, install the 32-bit Oracle Client on the PC that hosts the server (https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/dotnet-utilsoft-downloads.html).
The Administration Console, downloadable on the FormWork web portal, requires the following:
- Windows XP Operating System or later.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 4.
Please refer to Excel Client System Requirements.